Friday, December 08, 2006

Guys' Night at the Depressionista Ranchero

Thanks to a change in my pain medication, I'm feeling much better today and have actually managed to get some stuff done at work. Therefore, I now feel justified in blogging. Lately I've been wishing that I was a more regular blogger, but I never really know what to say....I envy people like Meredith who seem to be able to post regularly without being boring!

Tonight my husband is hosting "Guys Night" at our house. The group, including LilCherie's hubby, is going to a movie and then coming over to our house to play video games. A great idea hatched via email with Tingle today, which is for me to be the complete antithesis of J. during Girl's Night. That means having a cheerful disposition and, as Tingle says, being all "wifey" and providing snacks and whatnot. I'm even going to use the air popper to make them popcorn!!! The credit for that idea has to go to Tingle...it's perfect!

I plan to make chili-cheese dip, popcorn and some Pillsbury premade cookie dough cookies, and also get Chex Mix and some frozen pizzas in case they are hungry. I'm going to serve it on my retro glass snack trays that J. got me a few weeks ago. It's going to be so hilarious! But the main point is to kind of show J. what a dud he is when I have Girl's Night. He probably won't even make the connection but even if he doesn't, I can use it against him during our next "J. sucking the joy out of everything" argument. :-) (I put the smiley face there but really, I'm kinda serious. Sad, isn't it?)

So anyway, my evening will be filled with domestic duties like grocery shopping, making snacks for my man, and taking care of our offspring. Then tomorrow, after J. gets done with work at noon, I'm taking some time off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, you flatter me so!

There are some nights when I really have nothing to write about but feel I should so I just start typing and bam, something not too horrible sometimes emerges.

It also helps when the entire family gets sick and faces financial strain!

I wish I could join you for the retro snax and popcorn. What movie(s) did you get?

Tingle said...

I'm so proud of you for going the whole 9 yards and it sounds like it all turned out (I hope you'll post an update!).

I'll be interested to see how the next Girl's Night goes.

You did a great job of being all wifey! hehehe!