Monday, January 29, 2007

Things I Love About Tingle (a small sampling)

1. She has photos of other people's children all over her kitchen...even though she lost her own son and has been struggling with infertility for years.

2. You cannot go to Tingle's house without coming away with all sorts of cool goodies that she just happens to have in her house--a new purse, clothing she doesn't want, fun soaps or hair do-dads, a cool journal. I think when she sees something cool, she just buys it with the knowledge that at some point, the perfect opportunity to give it away will arise.

3. She doesn't beat around the bush. If she doesn't want you to set your glass on the endtable then she tells you. If you leave a mess in the bathroom, she bitches about it. I like that. It's freeing for me because I don't have to worry if I'm annoying her--she lets me know and then I can decide whether or not to alter my behavior or face the consequences!

4. She has fun with my son and helps take care of him so J. and I can smoke together (or have sex, as the case may be).

5. She uses fun phrases like "jeezy Petes!", "it's all effed up," "it's all good" and "bun of a snitch!"

6. She tells me I'm beautiful.

7. She is beautiful.*

8. She's hilarious.

9. She gets excited about stuff.

10. Sometimes she will stand outside with me to keep me company while I smoke, even though she hates it. And sometimes, she totally refuses (see number 3).

11. She's really smart.

12. She walks and talks just as fast as I do.

13. She knows how to get me out of a bad mood.

14. She looks really cute when she purses her lips in mock disgust.

15. She has a personal code of ethics and stands by them without foisting them onto others.

16. She knows all about my bad habits and personality flaws and loves me anyway.

17. She likes my other friends (and they like her!)

18. She has a way of making people feel welcome and at home no matter where she is.

19. She's very kind but never self-righteous or sickeningly sweet about it.

20. She's edgy and deep and fascinating, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life learning more about her.

*Number One Thing I Don't Love About Tingle: That she cannot see the beauty and grace she possesses, inside and out.

3 comments:

Aurelia said...

Hmm, well Tingle sounds awesome. She's lucky to have a friend like you who appreciates her!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful tribute to a friend! I'm sure she would have equally nice things to say about you.

Tingle said...

You big cheese-nugget! I'm so honored by this post. I think we all have things about us we hope others will see in us, and yet, you always seem to see things in me I can't even see. That's an amazing gift to me, and one of the many, many reasons you are at the top of the list, babe.

And you ARE beautiful. And I absolutely adore your son and miss him and you! And I not only like you're other friends, I LOVE them! :)

I want to frame this and hang it up, this is such an ego boost. You truly have a gift for seeing and understanding people as they truly are.