Friday, March 23, 2007

Remembering

Three years ago today, a dear friend of mine lost a much-wanted pregnancy. I just wanted to let her know I was thinking of her. I remember shedding tears with her on the phone; I remember the sad emptiness of realizing that our little babes would not be growing up together; I remember feeling guilty that Bubba was still growing inside of me; I remember feeling astonished at her generosity of spirit when she said she felt guilty, somehow, because she felt that her loss would be frightening and depressing to me in light of my own pregnancy.

I haven't forgotten and never will.

I love you, sister.

3 comments:

Tingle said...

Thank you for remembering. It was a gentle day for me. I didn't really think about it being 3 years until you posted that. It doesn't seem that long ago. Thanks for not forgetting, I haven't either.

Thank you.

Cate said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. It is important to never forget these things. I am so glad there are others who realize that.

Unknown said...

I have been there. My best friend has stillbirth a day overdue when my baby was 4 months old.
2 years on she has a 3 month old baby after 3 mcs.
Mu hubby was one of the bearers at bearers at funeral. Should never happen x