Sunday, February 26, 2006

Operation Deep Swallow Underway

Hi y'all! Well, despite the lack of a formal inaugural, Operation Deep Swallow is now underway as of...let's say yesterday, Feb. 25. Yesterday was a seminal moment (ha!) because we FINALLY HAD SEX after almost or possibly more than 4 months. I began ODS Day 1 by watching Bubba while J. went out to bum around downtown and then go to a charity event for work. When he came home, he was obviously tired, so I kindly volunteered to take over for the rest of the day watching Bubba so he could take a long nap, which he did. At one point during the day, I even told him what a great dad he was. Awww!

Later on yesterday evening, I brought up the subject of sex with J. and told him I missed it, and that the reason I hadn't been banging down his door about it for the last several months is that I haven't felt very emotionally connected to him AND I am feeling very fat and ugly lately, that it wasn't an issue of not being attracted to him, and that I think that maybe we should make a point of just doing it even though we may not feel like it because the act in itself is a way of staying connected.

Even later on that evening, I initiated and it happened, and it was very nice--no rockets went off and no bells started ringing, but it was comfortable and loving and satisfying. I feel this is a major accomplishment. And in case you're wondering--there was no swallowing involved, thank goodness, because I think we were out of Pepsi.

I slept in this morning and J. watched Bubba, but when I got up I worked my butt off all day--cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, going to the store for a big grocery shop, going to buy another humidifier for Bubba who I think came down with the croup last night, unloading the groceries, playing with Bubba, giving him a bath, making dinner (beef stew) and cleaning up. AND, as further evidence of how seriously I am taking ODS, I told J. two or maybe even three times today how much I appreciated him watching Bubba all day and doing the laundry (even though I folded a couple loads, but I didn't point that out to him). And I didn't go all apeshit when I had to ask him to compliment my excellent beef stew. And now he is sleeping comfortably on the couch. Do you think he'll come to bed with me? Well, faithful readers, you'll just have to wait in suspense until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tingle said...

I am so impressed with how seriously you are taking ODS! I'm exhausted just reading all those nice things you did, I can only imagine how exhausted you were feeling after doing them!

I hope J appreciates and recognizes how hard you are trying - but I hope you will continue to do it even if he doesn't at first. I think the long-term benefits will be worth it.

You go girl!