Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Things That Would Be Awesome

*To come home to a clean house after a fun evening out with my niece.
*To not have to smell the trash when I walk in the kitchen.
*To be able to walk to the bathroom without navigating Wedgit land mines on the floor.
*To be able to go bathroom to pee (after my fun evening out with my niece) without having to pull my pants back up and go out to the car to retrieve the only toilet paper we own, especially since I asked my husband to bring it in three hours ago before I left.
*To come home after my husband has been responsible for our son all night and see some kind of evidence that they did something, anything, besides sit in front of the television.
*To look in on my son and see that he had been put in his pajamas before bed rather than left in his clothes.
*To see him in his pajamas and then know that he had been lotioned before bed--especially since his eczema is flaring up and especially when I've had email correspondence with my husband about this specific topic earlier in the day.
*To have nights like this be an anomaly.

3 comments:

Aurelia said...

Oh I'm so sorry...I have NO assvice on training husbands.

Cate said...

I have some advice, if you could call it that. Drink more, or take up smoking crack as a hobby. You may not have your problems solved but you really won't care anymore once your teeth start to fall out.
My husband is so lame sometimes that I have actually considered taking up smoking crack as a hobby. I decided to sniff glue instead. Less stigma attached to it :)

Tingle said...

I've had similar longings for such awesome things. Geezy Petes, are these really such huge demands we put on our husbands? Wouldn't it be heaven to just have to deal with our OWN clothes and dishes and such?

Here are a couple of mine for your list:
* To wake up in the morning, grab the dixie cup I use to take my pills and NOT gag on the beard trimmings that are floating in it because husband trimmed his beard and let the trimmings go everywhere all over the bathroom counter, sink, toothbrush, cup.
* To come home when he's been home for the day or evening and NOT find a cup, bowl, or utensil stuck to my antique wood end table (that belonged to my dead grandparents) RIGHT NEXT TO A COASTER THAT HE PICKED OUT ON OUR VACATION!!!
* To not feel like I want to wash our underwear in seperate loads because of the disgusting skid marks on his underwear
* To go and make a bowl of cereal on the weekend and find plenty of milk in the fridge, instead of standing there cursing with a bowl of dry cereal because he finished off the milk that morning.
* To not have to nag like I'm his mother for him to take out the trash or cut the grass.

Oh the list could go on and on...

Cate's comment made me laugh outloud! Sometimes that does seem like the solution...