Friday, February 22, 2008

Playing Tag

CharmedGirl tagged me, which always makes me feel loved, so thanks! Here's the deal:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people.
5) Be sure the people you tagged KNOW you tagged them by commenting what you did.

1. Food Weirdness: I segregate all my Lucky Charms while I eat them. I go for all the oat shapes first, so that at the end of the bowl I have a several yummy spoonfuls made up almost entirely of charms. I also do this with popcorn, saving the big, puffy, cloud-like kernels for last. Then I nibble off anything that's hard so that at the end, I have one handful of completely hull-free popcorn that melts in my mouth. When I was a kid, I used to personify my pancakes. When I ate the second-to-last piece of pancake, I would tell the lone piece left on my plate, who was surely lonely and scared, that it was okay, soon it would be with all of it's pancake friends in my stomach.

2. Every so often (right now, in fact) I decide to grow my toenails out. Not to be pretty, oh god no--in fact, just the opposite. I want to see how long I can stand the grossness and also enjoy disgusting my inner circle who is subjected to viewing the nails. The last time I did this, we had a ceremonial toenail-cutting during a Girls' Weekend at the cabin.

3. Once, after a Girls' Night at LilCherie's in which she forced me to watch titillating films from the 60s, I was so desperate to get off that I snuggled up to her electric shiatsu chair massager. It didn't quite work, but the frontal action was so exquisite that I bought my own the very next day. Now I keep an emergency vibe at her house for just such a situation. Always be prepared!

4. Occasionally, just for fun, I will fart loudly in a public place (usually Walgreens) to embarrass not only myself, but whoever is with me (usually it's LilCherie or Tingle). What can I say, I enjoy fart humor. And embarrassing people.

5. A local grocery store chain has special parking spaces at some of it's locations that are "Reserved for new or expectant mothers." It has a little stork on it and everything. When I was TTC, they irritated me, but after losing Hope they enraged me. Since then I have made it a personal mission to always park in this spot if it is available. Since I'm fat, it works out well--all I have to do is arch my back a bit and I can pass, if I feel like it. Otherwise, I just walk normally and send out the "I dare you," vibe to the universe. In some small way, it feels very satisfying.

6. I am somewhat obsessed with serial killers. I just find it fascinating and scary and it's kind of always been a fear of mine so I guess it's natural that I would want to learn more about it. My area of specialization would have to be Ted Bundy, because after reading "The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule, I was hooked. This personal quirk freaked Tingle out quite a bit because, for some reason, this came up during her first visit to my house...and moments later, J., for some reason I don't remember, decided to show her and her hubby his grandfather's meat cleaver that had been passed down to him and was hanging in our basement. And she's still my friend. That's love, folks!

Alright....well, I hope after reading all that, you'll still come back! Now I'm going to tag Complicated Mama, Melissa, and Thrice.

Thanks, Charmy, for the fun topic. It was a great diversion!

6 comments:

charmedgirl said...

that was awesome!!!

really, i felt like complete shit for tagging you. i'm so relieved.

i'm a little obsessed with serial killers too...how about parker ray??

always be prepared...that's hot!

Amy said...

Your number 5 is equal to my number 6! I love it!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

This was my first time to your blog also, I was checking all the other tagees! I think it's fun to get to know others that way! Anyhow, I will have to give you a more thourough read also! Thanks for commenting on my side! Take care!

Tingle said...

Your first thing made me laugh out loud!

Your second thing gave me the heebie-jeebies, which I'm sure you know.

Number 4 is a classic because you have done this to me so many times. I'm having trouble typing right now because I'm laughing so hard. You've done this to me in WalGreens and in Pat Catan's!!! Both classic moments.

For number 5, I have been with you on this mission, doing my back-arched belly thing. Enough people ask me if I'm pregnant all the time, I guess I should just go with it.

As for #6, I still remember that first sleepless night in your house, keeping one eye open just in case, and even considering spending the night in the car!

Anonymous said...

my youtube account hacked - Videoodl.cc
my youtube account hacked. My youtube account hacked. The online youtube to mp3 converter samsung football betting house has lost all its trust. We have lost all our Oct 24, 2019 · Uploaded by YouTube Football Betting (@FootyAccums)