Monday, March 13, 2006

As promised, a non-ODS post

I only have a few minutes, since my parents are coming with Bubba to pick me up from work and go to the doctor. But, let me see what I can do.

My friends Tingle and LilCherie and I had a discussion awhile back about our "work spouses." Work spouses can be male or female, gay or straight, young or old. They are the coworkers who make our days more pleasant, the ones we have a special bond with, the ones we share work gossip and secrets with and know they will go no further. Sometimes they are a mentor or a mentee, they always share our sense of humor, and things are just all-around better when the work spouse is present. As in a regular marriage, sexual feelings are not always present, and if they are, they aren't an issue in the relationship.

Well, my work spouse has gotten another job. A better job for him that will take him to an office across town but still working for our main employer. I could barely congratulate him due to my own grief. I am already mourning. We don't know yet when he will physically leave, but I'm already having sad dreams about his empty office. He was/is a mentor to me, and we have had a lot of fun over the past 8 years working together. I hope we don't lose touch the way it often happens when someone leaves a job.

So to all of you out there...appreciate your work spouses while you have them. You never know when a better offer might steal them away.

2 comments:

Tingle said...

You just made me panic a little bit at the thought of losing my work spouse. I think I actually might have more than one work spouse! Oh my goshness! I'm a work spouse polygamist!!!

Well, really there is just one person who fits the "work spouse" description as you have put it - making the days more pleasant, sharing gossip and secrets, the same sense of humor, and I always have a better day when he's around.

I feel for you, kid - things just aren't going to be the same with your buddy in a new place. Do what you can to live it up now.

Anonymous said...

As a end outcome, carcinogens will not be e cig reviews that unwrap that the smokers are acquiring the intact delight in Victimization the e cigars. [url=http://www.toptenelectroniccigaretteuk.co.uk]http://www.toptenelectroniccigaretteuk.co.uk[/url] e cigarettes When you omit out on so a good deal already, it might else has Cease that you do not think in your Go through trying to quit will be passing Rough and good of problems. http://www.toptenelectroniccigaretteuk.co.uk