Thursday, March 23, 2006

Response from University of WKWKYKBYSOUM Hospitals and Clinics....and my response back

I received this in the mail yesterday.


March 21, 2006

Ms. Depressionista
Patient Drive
Potato City, Ohidoa

Dear Ms. Depressionista,

As a follow-up to your recent correspondence, your account and customer service contacts have been reviewed. I do apologize for the frustration you have experienced while resolving the billing for your visits in 2003. Your feedback has helped us identify where additional training is needed to reach our goal of superior customer service.

Per our customer service notes, the letter you had requested confirming your current patient responsibility balance of $0 was sent on 3/9/06. Your 1/31/06 and 3/3/06 billing statements included patient responsibility from your 6/23/03 date of service which has been adjusted due to untimely billing.

We appreciate your time in notifying us of the service difficulties you have encountered. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Sincerely,
Mr. Director, Patient Financial Services

cc: Ms. CEO and Director
Mr. Director of Payment Processing


My Response

March 23, 2006

Mr. Director, Patient Financial Services
University of We Know We Killed Your Kid
But You Still Owe Us Money Hospitals and Clinics
Slaughterhouse Drive
Potato City, Ohidoa

Mr. Director,

I received your letter yesterday regarding my recent correspondence about my account.

I understand that my account has been adjusted due to untimely billing. However, although the customer service notes may indicate that a letter was sent confirming my current patient responsibility balance of $0, I have not received such a letter. I would appreciate getting a copy of this letter since it says in my record that one was sent.

However, my request, which I communicated to the billing clerks I spoke with during the week of March 6 and again on March 13, as well as to you, Ms. CEO and Director, and Mr. Director of Payment Processing, is NOT a letter stating my current patient responsibility balance.

What I would like is a letter from the University of We Know We Killed Your Kid
But You Still Owe Us Money Hospitals and Clinics stating that I do not currently, and will not ever, owe anything to UI Hospitals and Clinics for the year 2003.
As I stated in my previous letter, I have been told many times that my account balance for 2003 is $0, only to have another bill for that time sent to my home. I would like something in writing stating that I will never owe the hospital anything from 2003, so that I may show it to billing clerks in the future when yet another bill from 2003 arrives.

I hope this is clear. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to write me another letter. At this point, I prefer all correspondence to take place in writing rather than over the telephone so that I may keep a record of it.

Sincerely,

Depressionista
Patient Drive
Potato City, Ohidoa

cc: Ms. CEO and Director
Mr. Director of the Payment Processing Center

3 comments:

Cass said...

Nice job--I think you have gotten your point accross in a very articulate way...as usual! Good job standing up for yourself!!

Tingle said...

Well done! You are really going to send it, right? It's perfect and to the point, which is apparently what they need so that they get it right this time. What a nightmare that you have to deal with these things.

Between hospital billing and insurance stuff, I don't know how it all stays straight, it's such a jumbled mess and is constantly wrong. I once got a bill for "lesion shaving!" I called them and said, "I was there that day, but there was no lesion shaving happening!" Apparently, they billed my insurance for someone else's stuff. Thank goodness I was paying attention!

Anonymous said...

Man, what about your last letter did they not understand?? I hate dealing with complex billing departments when it seems like it takes years to resolve. Insurance is the worst!